Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm going out on a limb here.

Listen, I have a suggestion to make. I would like everyone to comment on it, and get some of them that have wondered astray to read it and comment on it as well.

I am like the pot calling the kettle black here, so bear with me.
I have talked to several people that have not been on the blog lately. Every one of them said that the DC blog no longer stands for us, but rather District of Columbia. I know and remember sitting on the curb debating the universe, but we are no longer even doing that. One of the people that left, even said that it was my words that made them leave and not look back. Yes, me. I have to be the first one to the plate on this, because things I have said in the past were worse and more hurtful than anything everyone else said put together. I am committed ( an have been committed, and certifiable, and well you know) to making this the Dean's Circle blog again. We all have our own political, spiritual, _______________(fill in the blank) fundamentals. I do enjoy a good political, spiritual, _____________(fill in the blank) discussion as much if not more than the next person. Even though we have all gone our separate ways, RAC, Cindy and Dave have brought us back together again. After reading Ric's post, Seeing Joanna and Sam's kids (and hearing from Aubrey), as well as Paul's POW, Juliet's pigs ................................ I have come to the conclusion that we still have a lot of things to catch up on. If you want to hear what joe blow politician has to say, lets make another blog adjacent to this one. I will be on there as much as I am here, but lets talk about other people, places and experiences we have in common. Bring to mind places, teachers, (like the guy that held Dan up by his neck), first kiss, bones broken, pot smoked.....................

I know I have no power on the blog, and I am the last person anyone would follow, but I implore you all to consider this. Lets bring back those who I have chased off. Ric asked about Dan and Amy. We do not hear from enough rats anymore. I can not thank you three for bringing us back together. Lets not stop posting funny opposing views, but lets do it "laughing with you" rather than to spite someone, or get their dander up.

Well, I said my peace. I am going to bed now, but please at least think about it. Find someone to invite back. Tell them, "DRL is back on his meds". Oh, tell them free ribs if they show up :)

18 comments:

Joanna said...

drl,I agree that politics has a major effect here. Sometimes I just don't log on because I almost always realize the content. I read some of the first posts and it was and is special. Those were the good ole days. Now it has turned into a pissing contest politically.To what end? Maybe if we agree to disagree,this blog would be a kinder,nice place to go.

Doug said...

Hey I'm just a spoke in the wheel here. I defer such decisions to the will of the majority and equally important the blog founders.
I think the idea of separate chat room, a raucus caucus if you will, is a good idea. That is if it's even possible. At least to people like me that just can't seem to get enough of marking their own territory.

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of a new blog for the discussion of "Hot Topics". Hot as in lots of heat. I so much enjoy the pictures and memories. I think more would join or join in if we had this blog be the safe haven for DC'ers to hang out in.

juliet said...

Well most people on this blog have never really participated much. I think they just have more going on. I don't need to post to a political blog, there are many out there for that purpose. I think as long as people stick to some standards, it is possible to do both. You know that expression "a picture says a thousand words", I don't feel obligated to respond to or comment on everyone of them or the political posts. Maybe, you all that want to live the good times of the past only should start a new blog.

illustrationISM.... said...

   that was pretty funny about 'DC' morphing into District of Columbia.....
   i'm all for posting Deans Circle/Guam memories, they might be more 'spaced out' (memories and 'remembering' are distant,
so i have 'to dig' deeper, BUT i do have some photos to scan and post too, i like the POTW...)...
   .....eventually it might slide toward ranting again, like my kids messy rooms always needing to be cleaned a week later after THE MAJOR SATURDAY CLEANUP a week earlier!

Ric Larson said...

Clean-up has been in call for a while! Bring back the Guam memories baby!

Ric Larson said...

Time for the blog to reinvent itself….maybe?

mat said...

The blog is fine the way it is.If you can.t handle the heat get out of the kitchen.We aren't twelve anymore although we might like to be. We are grown adults.We have proven that we can dish it out and reel it back in when we get out of control.We are circle rats and we are tough sons of bitches. We had to be.Lets get this party started.

mat said...

Just my opinion!

mat said...

P.S. If you want to post a story or a memory go for it. Nobodys stopping you. No one ever said this blog was restricted to political posts. Although it has proven to be a passionate subject.

Dave said...

When I first moved into Dean's Circle at the vulnerable age of 13, the first thing I had to do was fight with just about every kid on the block. First it was Sammy Sparks, then Robert Jones. Doug kicked me in the stomach after inviting me to play football with them and I later ended up punching him in the gut when he wasn't expecting it. Benny and I were always brawling, and I think Robert Caraway and I came close to blows on a few occasions. I was ready to get my ass kicked by Clay Copeland for fighting with Robert Jones, but I would have taken them both on at the same time if necessary. I even got in a fight with Janet Tansy for crying out loud, and she did kick my ass. My point is, when it comes to many of us 'older' circle rats, the fighting spirit is still there. I don't know about you younger rat pups, but for me, Guam was one rumbling, kick ass, kill haolie, violent place. We were a bunch of long haired, cut-throat delinquents, who would verbally brutalize and take jabs at each other on a daily basis. Yet we were best of friends and would give our lives for one another.. not to mention share our smokes with each other. We loved, we hated, we cussed and fought, we goofed around a lot and played hooky from school, and we most definitely partied our asses off. So my question is, should the DC blog be any different? I think we all can handle it.. and if it will make you all feel any better, I'll play nice... for a while.

Cindy said...

I'm too busy these days with learning new job, watching granddaughter in afternoons, keeping up household chores and trying to have a love life to watch the news most days and keep up with what is going on in the world. I count on you guys to keep me up to speed with what people are talking and bitching about. Sometimes I jump in on the conversation here when I get annoyed enough or feel I can express a somewhat informed comment. I like the blog the way it is...a little mix of everything...it's not boring. Please don't stop...I'll really not know what is going on then.

Doug said...

Dave,
ah memories. Janet Tansy was quite the bruiser.
And Matt well said as usual.

juliet said...

Oh that sounds about right Dave! And I think this is the censored version, the politically correct one. hhahahhah. BTW Where is Janet? I have letters from Alice, Wendy, Roxy, and Janet, from when we were all at different times seperated from each other in middle school. Some of them are really funny but not sure if I should post them.

juliet said...

Doug I saw Pat take you down one day on the baseball field with a swift kick for your smart mouth. Where is Pat anyway. I have many pics of her, just have to get them on the PC but then I guess I have years to get around to that.

Doug said...

Smart mouth? Me?! Surely you jest.

rac said...

Yep, I would agree the blog is just fine the way it is. To create another blog would only dilute what we already have and make this blog less relevant. Besides, the full moon is behind us. Things should be fairly quite for a few days at least.

DRL said...

Well, you have spoken. It will not keep me away, but if it doesn't bother you that some have left and may not return, so be it.