Sunday, August 19, 2007

Runtly the Cat

There was a guy who lived on the cliff down by the Sicklers, I don’t remember his name but I certainly remember his cat. The story goes Runtly had been given so many drugs as a kitten it stunted his growth and he ended up the size of a large mouse.

But not only was his size affected, emotionally Runtly was never quite the same. I remember he would race out of nowhere to dash up one's leg, take a few turns around the face and neck before zooming off to climb the pictures on the wall. Had I been smart, after observing this little lab rat, I would have put down the joint and walked away. Eventually I did, it just took another ten years to do it (scared straight by military piss tests).

So that’s my little flash back. If anyone could fill in the details my memory would certainly appreciate it. I don’t remember anything about Runty’s owner other than him being older, I think. Damn, I should have dropped that joint earlier.

6 comments:

Dave said...

That must have been some mean stuff we were smokin back then. As I go around the circle in my mind, I still can't remember the names of every family, even when they lived right next door. There was Stephanie Trail, who we nick-named the booger trail. I can picture the house next to Sicklers, because we spent a lot of time along that section of cliff, but the name is just a blur. Sorry I can't help out more with this one. Anyone else?

Cindy said...

I guess I was pretty naive back then, I thought the most you guys were doing was chewing beetlenut???Actually I was probably too busy being boy-CRAZY (we won't mention any names but we all know who I'm talking about) to pay much attention to anything you all were doing.

rac said...

What are you talking about Cindy? It was your boyfriend who got us smoking the stuff! hahaha

Dave said...

I can still hear his dad calling out across the neighborhood at the top of his lungs for him to come home, while we were hiding out in the boonies and damaging our brain cells only a few yards away.

Doug said...

That had to be Scott Shook's cat. The Shooks lived about four or five houses down from the Sicklers.

pat said...

Yea, I think that was Scott Shooks cat. I remember Dad telling me a story about how Scotts parents kept smelling a (more than usual) foul odor coming from Scotts room and ended up discovering a cat skeleton under his bed. ewwwwww!