Saturday, May 22, 2010

It ain't the dance...it'll have to do for now.

The Deans Circle stink eye.
The view from the front of my house.  Just down the street Matt is up to no good,  I just know it.  And Becki is probably studying.  Further down, Scott Shook is...well never mind.
No photo anthology could be considered complete without consideration to that corrupter of youth,  Cruz Store.  I wonder how many quarters we spent there on pinball & pickled papaya.  .25 a can Schlitz.
Me and my ride.  Love the handlebars.  That thing saved my life more than once.
View from the backyard of my house.  Short trip through our beloved coconut grove to the Fine Arts Building.   Thank God that we were the pillars of the community otherwise bad things could have happened out there at night. 
Some of you may remember the Toals.  This was a dinner we had on our lanai that we built with bomb crates from Anderson.  Mr.Toal (far right barely in the photo) was the band director at GW.  Look second from left,  that's Chris Toal, the neighborhood enforcer.  Then its Dave, then some some dorky kid, Ms. Toal, my mom & dad.

That's all for now.

13 comments:

Paul said...

great shots Doug, Thanks for sharing these gems.

Dave said...

AWESOME!!! At long last...
In the Toal dinner shot, Doug looks like Donny Osmond. And the first shot of Doug with his mop, is how he looked the first day I met him. Friends for life.....
Please keep em coming if you have more Doug, thanks much

Joanna said...

Yeah,Doug keep em coming. I didn't think anyone had a picture of the Cruz store:)

Chris said...

Doug,
Hate to be the critic,
but a couple of the negatives
are 180'd. Nice shots though.

Now that's the Dougie I remember!

And as for Scott Shook That's a no brainier....

He's walking kind of sideways down the street like a crab ,early in the morning and when he sees me he says something like-" Larson ..
Larson get me a jar of orange juice.. and a smoke ...Larson its good to get up early in the morning ..Har Har the early bird gets the surf..
Har Har...gaurrenteed....

Chris said...

Oh yeah,

that picture of Cruz store..
that was taken after
the remodel...

Doug said...

At least they're not upside down. I blame photo shop.
The condition of some of these negs left something to be desired. Then they had to be converted to positive images and then scanned. Not surprising that some of them ended up flopped.
Thanks for catching that though. I'll pay closer attention with the next batch.

Likewise Dave.

Always good to hear from all of you.

Pat said...

Very sweet. All that blonde, sun bleached hair. and I know that bike saved you from some pissed off Guamanian dude chasing you...or was it pissed off Pat? My bike was faster than yours.

Ric Larson said...

Nice pictures Doug! THANKS! What a shack it was, but that “Cruz Store” pic…wow brought back the memories!

mat said...

That sure looks like rac next to you Doug but shit what nice pics.And I probably was up to no good.And ditto on Scotty! If you have some more please post them!Far out man.

Chris said...

No problemo Doug ,
this blog was in somewhat of a
lull.
You just lit it up.

Cool....

Pat said...

I remember the day a Little Guamanian dude stole my bike in Dededo..My Guamanian friends told my dad which way he went. Dad drove his jeep chasing that kid through an open field...The kid dropped my bike an ran like hell....I got my bike back:)

Joanna said...

I'd just like to Thank Doug for doing the foot work. Talk about flashback's:) Oh and I encourage people with pictures,to post them. Please!!!

illustrationISM.... said...

Great Pictures!