Thursday, August 7, 2008

I'm Back!

Ok so got back from vacation and it was too short for sure. I've been reading some of the blog and was sharing it with Benita and she was very humbled by all the nice things that everyone said about her. I can't thank everyone enough for the great time that we had in Vegas. It was a blast for sure. Growing up in the Circle we all kind of had our own little circles that we ran in. Some of us were jumping off the "rock" and some of us were jumping our bikes off of flimsy ramps and some were just "chilling" and hanging out. When I got to Vegas I was a little nervous because one, I had'nt seen any of the gang in like 33 years. I met Doug and Juls the first night there and what a blast we had. Then everyone else started filtering in and as soon as we were all together it was like we had never been away. Amazing! We were all kids again. And we just started picking up where we left off. I would like to give a special thanks to DRL for taking the time to drive me around finding an auto parts store when my car broke down. Thats it for now, more to follow later.

11 comments:

mat said...

Oh and Doug, the girl in the orange dress came by after you left and said sorry but she loves DRL!hahaha.

Joanna said...

Mat,watching-the-video's-realized-that-I-miss-you-two-and-that-you-have-the-same-laugh.Keep-on-keeping-on:)

DRL said...

Matt, you crack me up. Thanks for the pat on the back, but all I did was get us lost and had an unguided tour of the outlining areas of Vegas Baby. No one can take more adulations than you and Bonita. You two made the reunion what it was.

Thank you both!!!

Doug said...

She's just pissed because I spurned her advances.

Ric Larson said...

Matheeeeew, you and Bennita can start your own state-side business, 'Over night express mailed, dry-iced packed Guam food'! Enough people live in the US of A that once lived on the 'rock' and would be more than happy to purchase such succulent red rice, ribs and chicken! Think about it man, you could be the next big mail order business! Advertising would be a trick thought? Doug, need your help here!

You are so correct Mat. Once we all got together, it was like 33 years never passed, and we were all kids again! (To bad we did not have a simulated bus stop to hang out in).

One of my favorate movies is 'Stand by me', an old classic about a bunch of kids growing up together. Got it today from the video store. Reminds me of Dean's Circle days.

juliet said...

MMMM Matt and Bonita mail order ribs... I think Ric is on to something there. I would love to get some of those, it would be a welcome change from that Willy Wonka fat German kidd thing I've got going on here....stuffing good bread, sausages and cake in my mouth all day long. Hans and I are supposed to head out to the beach today but my beach towel is starting to look way tooo small. Hahaha

mat said...

Yea, Maybe I'll talk to Rod about selling through his Ebay store.Hah.

Doug said...

Before I and my crack advertising staff could lend our creative genius to this endeavor we would need to do more intensive product research. We will require on a weekly basis:
5 lbs. BBQ Ribs cooked
5 lbs. BBQ Chicken cooked
2 lbs. Chicken Kelaguen
25 Lumpia
10 cups Cooked Red Rice
1 pint Finadene
1 12 pack Schlitz (for pallet cleansing)
Ready when you are.

Ric Larson said...

Doug, Mat and the ROD'man, this could be big! Heck, I wouldn't have to cook any more. I would just order the best food in the world from Mat and Bennita.

Rod said...

As part of the "Marketing team" I will, of course, need several more lbs of rice, ribs and chicken for market research..Dont you dare try to email them to me again!!!

DRL said...

Mat, I told you Rod was too quick for that sending him food through email stuff. Oh, never mind. Hey Rod, it just takes longer through email than UPS, that's all. Keep waiting.