Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It took 30 years?

Wow! Its almost all I could say, when I heard that Dave had sent me a letter, looking for me. (was I even lost?) We lost touch in the late 70's, when he was in the C.G., in Hi, I think..
After 3 decades of brain cell abuse, I still have GREAT GUAM Memories, and cant wait to spill my guts, and recount the great times we had growing up on Guam.
I talked with Robert and Pat, on Monday, and what a small world, Pat and I live 50 miles apart in Fl, and Robert and I were in Seattle in the 80's at the same time..Was that you that time???

Anyway, I somehow finished H.S in Portland Or., and majored in imports and marketing for 8+ years, before moving to Seattle, and getting into restaurant management, and real estate..
And partying..the Seattle scene was great, until I woke up, living in a van, in 2001, and decided "this wasn't working", and needed a way out..
After a brief truck driving class, I was out of Dodge, and have been on the road ever since..

The remaining brain cell, seem to have stored plenty of good Guam memories, and I'll be sharing them shortly..Feel free to e-mail me, I'm on line regularly..There are lots of names/faces I dont remember, as I was one of the last to arrive in The Circle, but you know,
they saved the best for last.. RD

4 comments:

Dave said...

Freakin awesome!!! Talk about a missing link...

pat said...

whoo hoo!, glad to see u on here Rod. I take it u were the missing link in the tattoo tale..haha! I know Robert was happy.thanks

juliet said...

Hey Rodney,
I used to babysit your little sister. Your mom taught me how to make a cheese omelet for her and I still make them the same way. How is your family?

Rod said...

Great..Folks have retired, live in Central Wa. My sister is a nurse, and lives down the street from me, in Venice Fl..Have some great memories of you, and Ben, mostly drinking/parting..Some times getting Ben out of trouble, sometimes in..Where are you now?