Friday, September 21, 2007

Keeping up with the Jones'

Of all the families in Dean's Circle, it was probably the Jones' whom I had the most history with. Many of my most impressionable memories involve one, if not both boys and/or their folks. Motorcycles, bicycles, sailboats and surfboards come to mind - along with a host of other crazy memories (remember Free School?).

My parents stayed in touch with Bob and Sally throughout the years. In fact, Mom spoke with Sally just weeks ago. After leaving Guam they moved to Texas before ending up in Vero Beach, Florida (I think). Not sure what happened with Robert; other than I heard he lost an eye surfing. Apparently Jeff became a pilot and was flying cargo in and out of the Bahamas (I'm sure we can all guess what kind).

So that's all I know. From the emails floating around it sounds like Jeff ended up in Hawaii. If anyone can drag them out here that would be way cool. Until then, we'll just have to reminisce without them.

5 comments:

pat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pat said...

Robert,(my sweet brother).I had'nt heard of Robert Jones losing his eye while surfing. that had to be devastating for everyone. If Jeff was flying cargo, It was probably fruit or something..dam give him a break. one not throw stones...u know the rest.

rac said...

It was a joke... You know, funny ha, ha!

Chris said...

Little Jeffery Jones is not so little any more. He is a 6'8",good looking, hard working, Dad ,airline pilot, surfer, kite boarder, home owner. He and his wife just built a killer house,up above the north shore here on Oahu. I see him every once in a while. Robert lives in Vero Beach and builds airplanes.He is still an amazing surfer/waterman. He and his son come here, to surf ocasionally on vacation.

pat said...

Sorry Robert....peace, love ya