Friday, September 7, 2007

A Word from Cindy

I guess it's time I posted some info. I've been married for a second time for 3 years after raising 3 girls on my own for about 10 years. Jennifer is 27, married and has 2 kids, Val is 22, on her own, and Chelsea is 17, still at home. I also have a 16 year old stepdaughter who lives with us full time and a 22 year old stepson who is married, in the army and in Iraq.

I met my husband while ballroom dancing. He was a shrimp boat owner/captain but lost his boat in hurricane Katrina and is now working for Hess and going to college.

Dad moved the family here to Fort Myers after leaving Guam in 75. Dad died 3 years ago and mom is in poor health herself. My sister Pat is living with her and taking care of her.

I'm a medical technologist in a hospital microbiology lab and have been with the same health system for 27 years.

Will post a pic when I get one of my teenagers to show me how..

I keep in touch with Becki (Kalb) Wells. In fact she was just here a couple of months ago for a visit and we had a great time talking aboult old times.

Robert had a great idea and it's great hearing about everybody.

4 comments:

Doug said...

Cindy,
how nice to hear from you. It's good to see that you're doing well. I see that you also have hit the big 5-0, nice. I will post a picture of me & my family when I can get my 18 year old daughter to cooperate and take a digital suitable for uploading. If you get a chance check out the photo Dave Larson sent of the rats of the neighborhood. Really brings back the memories in spite of the brain damage. Those were the days. Take good care of yourself & say "hi" to Pat for me sometime.

~dana said...

Cindy, it's great to hear that life has been good to you. I still remember you had the cutest outfits in school. I'm guessing you still have that knack for style and look forward to seeing a picture of you. I continue to be "accessory challenged" but will get my husband to coach me through posting a pic to the blog--maybe this weekend.

Cindy said...

Dana, it's great to hear from you! It's not surprising that you are an attorney, you were always so smart and studious. I was a dummy, too busy chasing the boys, I didn't wise up until later in life..haha. Thanks for the nice comment about the outfits, I'll have to tell my mom because she made most of them. I never appreciated them, I was a brat and thought they weren't good enough because they were hand-made. I do still love clothes and shoes and jewelry, and shopping. After spending a few years as a frumpy, too fat, too tired mom, I now try to put myself on the priority list and take the time to work-out and look good.

~dana said...

Wow, I never knew your mom made your clothes! I used to wonder why I could never find anything so cute at Town House Dept. store. Now I know--you had your own seamstress! I simply can't imagine you ever let yourself go. I'm guessing you're one of those chic moms that make daughters squirm, because their boyfriends actually have a crush on mom. And you should talk about who's a brainiac. I ultimately went to law school because the math stumped me too much to get into the medical profession. Looks like you figured out the math!! :D