Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Jeff Jones - North Shore Oahu action

I met up with Jeff Jones (younger of the 2 Jones Boys) this past weekend, at his super beautiful home on Oahu's North Shore. Dang ! Jeff totally blew me away, being so tall ... he's 6'6" and quite the stud-meister. Also met his beautiful wife Kathy.
We will be meeting up again in April 2008 with his brother Robert Jones, who'll be here from Florida. Hopefully we'll be able to all tow into some incredible waves that won't chew us up too much....a little, but not too much. The swells should still be around in April.

It was really the best feeling to see Jeff again, after 33 years. Sunset Point was quite the spot, as was Ted's Bakery ... the place for some coconut pastries !

Jeff, thanks for being so cool....as you always were. I missed hangin' with you Brah!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Is this the 3rd reunion because of the blog? Very cool!! Great to hear about you guys meeting up again.

Dave said...

The 3rd of many, I hope. Sounds like the runt duck turned out to be quite the Eagle. Wasn't anything stunting that boy's growth. I'm glad you two were able to get together, and look forward to hearing more stories from the islands.

JJones said...

I have to say again this blog is such a cool deal. You guys who started this and worked so hard to track people down are awesome. I think one of the coolest opportunities this blog provides is the ability to get all of the pictures of our past back. I think we were some of the first to leave Guam and all your pictures help bring back the memories.

The trail down to Pago has a lot of memories for me. Anyone remember the cave we had with the bamboo platform? How about that hike past the rock on the ledge. I remember we went really far one day and found a big hole in the ground that led down into a cave with an opening to the ocean. That cave was FULL of puka shells. I seem to remember just grabbing handfuls of them. Anyone remember that or was that just a dream!?

It was great to see Johnny and I look forward to more visits and hooking up in Tahiti.

Ric Larson said...

Jeff, the trail down to Pago was a mysterious trail indeed! (I often wonder if it is still there)? It was kind of like the twi-light zone in its own right. Every time I ventured down the trail I saw something different. I do remember a cave just off of the beaten path. It was very bizzar. In the cave that I saw, there seemed to be a portable chalkboard, with a blueish jellyfish looking thing on it. It blew my mind, couldn't make any sense out of it? When I ventured back down another to to find it, an old mind came out of the boonies from no where and told me not to visit there again. Spooked me bad! Never attempted to revisit. Don't know if it was the cave you are talking about, but it was a cave. Never had the privilege of entering it, as you may have guessed.

Ric Larson said...

it was an old man, not an old mind that came out of the boonies. Sorry about the typo

Johnny Borja said...

Jeff,

I do remember that you & Robert took me down to that big Pago hole in the ground that definitely led us led down into a cave with an opening to the ocean, and I grabbed a bunch of puka shells. That was the in-thing then to wear eh?!

Not a dream; was real!