Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas to all in the Circle

So much has happened in my life this past year. You all have had a part in it. I am still amazed that after all these years we are all visiting together again. I am still amazed that I got to talk to Matt Kalb, and Rick on the phone after 30 years. Rick, Sean and Dave(DRL), Joanna, Dean, Amy, over the years I have wondered what happened to you guys. We have such a deep history together and, unusual but common ground. Tomorrow is Christmas eve, hard to believe this year has pased so quickly. My dad used to say that the older you get, the faster time goes. I guess I am getting older, although I don't feel it sometimes.
Thank you all for being a part of my life, making me laugh and ressurecting so many good memories.
I have been relaying some of the wild stories(not all) from Deans Circle to my kids. They have been telling thier friends at school of all the crazy things their dad used to do. I have kids I don't even know coming up to me and asking me about our adventures, if they were really true, and if I did live on Guam. "Yes" I say, "I really lived there." We lived there. I do miss those days. (we need to write a book)
It's 31F here and the wind is blowing like crazy. Can't wait for the "Guam weather" ( 80 and 100% humidity) to return. Maybe in June.
Im writing form my family room watching the christmas tree twinkle(needles all over ther floor) watching my kids play, while we are supposed to be watching a movie together. I , We are so blessed. Our great country, our freedom, our wealth (yes, wealth compared to the rest of the world) we have so much to be thankful for. Yes we hurt from previous injuries and the aches and pains from growing old, however we are blessed. Although it is cold outside, I am warmed by the love and friendships we have.
Dave L, Robert C, again Thanks for bringing us together. And Iwant to say thank you to everyone who has logged into this site and have shared your memories. You have made 2007 a year I will never forget.
I won't be on line for a while. I have to do a total system restore on my laptop. I got Vista!!! goes with the territory.
So I'll stop rambling, got to get to bed, work tomorrow.
You all have a good Christmas! Remember the reason we have this holiday, to remember the gift of Christs Birth. And to remember the other half of the christmas story, God sending his only begotten son to give his life freely for ours on the cross.
Merry Christmas,
Dan Larson and family

9 comments:

Dave said...

Well said Dan, I second that motion. It is nice to have such good friends close by.

Cindy said...

Great blog Dan, you put into words so well what I for one, also am feeling. Merry Christmas to you and yours and good luck with the up-grade.

Ric Larson said...

Wow Dan, such powerful and meaningful words! And yes, let us not forget the true meaning of Christmas...Jesus!

Amazing after all of these years we all now are reunited!

Good to hear from you!

pat said...

Amen Dave

rac said...

...and to all a good night. Merry Christmas all.

DRL said...

Thank you Dan. You are the man I should have been.

pat said...

oops..i meant dan

Ric Larson said...

Dan, about once a year the wife and I drive from New York to the West (Idaho). We pass through your State along the way. Next time we hit the hiway, would love to stop by and visit!

Joanna said...

Your grounded Dan:)Down to Earth!!!