Thursday, December 13, 2007

Subaru

We are expecting a massive snow storm in New York tomorrow. Can't wait to try out our Subaru Forester in the 8" to 10" inches of snow we are expecting to get! We got the Subaru last year. Only drove it once in snow, to the super market, last winter. When my wife came out of the super market looking for me and the car, she found that I had driven the Forester to the top of a big snow mountain in the parking lot. She asked why I didn't just park it in a cleared parking space like a normal person. I told her that I didn't have too, (with a big grin)!

I only bring this up, because I remember just before Mat Kalb left for the Army, I went with him to a Subaru dealer in Guam. Mat was considerings buying a Subaru for his Mom while he was in the Army. (Mat did you ever get her the car?). From then on I always asumed that Subaru's were great vehicles. Now I own one, I'll let you all know how it preforms after tomorows winter storm!

8 comments:

pat said...

wow ric..hope that subaru can take it! (kidding)..Lotta subarus I see around town here too.(I used to work at a dealership and detailed them) It's gonna be in the 80's here tomorrow...please send a little snow. just to cool us down, just a bit.

Ric Larson said...

Pat, where have you been? Missed you! ...I know, work. Doing it myself, fully understand!

I love the snow! (Sure miss Alaska, but that is another story). The Subaru was a beau in this winter storm! While other cars were in the ditch, stuck to someone elses rear bumper or sliding down the road sidewards or backwards, my Forester was headlong! All wheel drive is the only way to go in the snow!

I wish I could send you a bunch of the snow and ice that just took me hours to remove from my drive way...you can have it all!

Good hearing from you! Ric

Cindy said...

I think we are going to finally get some cool weather this weekend. I have a new red sweater would like to wear for Christmas.

Ric Larson said...

OK Cindy, you got to post some of your families Christmas pictures! Wear the sweater regardless of the temperatures! Red, and sweaters are very Chritmasy!

What is the weather usually like in December down in the only northern state in the south?

Ric Larson said...

Cindy, I did it again... misspelled another word!

I meant to write Christmassy. Not Chritmasy.

pat said...

I agree Ric. Cindy needs to wear her new sweater. maybe by this saturday..cold front coming through. may get as low as 50's. and PS, cindy always looks cute, red sweater or not. she's older than me but has less wrinkles...I hate that! LOL

rac said...

98% of Americans say 'OH SHIT' before going in the ditch on a slippery road.

The other 2% are from Wisconsin and they say, 'HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS.'

Ric Larson said...

Dang it RAC, you are too funny, and how true! Robert, I would be to one from Wisconsin..love adventure and beer!

And Pat, I was just hoping to see a posting of your sister in a red sweater on this site! Something about brunettes and red sweaters! :)