Monday, September 15, 2008

POTW - Lunch at the Nikko

We were entertaining visiters from Japan this weekend and ended up at the Nikko Hotel for lunch.

It was raining cats and dogs when we got there, sunny while we were eating and raining again when we left.




For those that have been away too long to know, the Nikko is right next to Gun Beach on the North side of Tumon Bay.

I take my son to Gun to body surf sometimes but he's still kind of freaked out about it. Some times I'm afraid he thinks I'm carzy.

8 comments:

juliet said...

You are crazy Paul! Lets go over the list: Shallow, Strong current, big waves--some of my DNA is left on the reef but thankfully not all of it. Every once in a while they lose a tourist or two of the water by the Nikko I think it is a bad place for beach hotels but a great view. Your son is probably just trying to save you from yourself.

Ric Larson said...

Paul, ever think about becoming a proffesional photographer? Your shots are so appealing.

Chris said...

No Paul ,

You are completely normal,

Swimming around sharks infested areas with bleeding cuts....
Body surfing 8 foot waves dredging
over coral heads.
Pulling your washed up stuck surfboard, off a jagged limestone cliff,
Paddling out at 12 foot Mugundis....alone..
Spearfishing off Ritidian point
at night..
Towing a 40,fishing sampann in 50kt winds,& 10foot seas with a 12 foot sailboat between
Tinnian & Rota ..
Trying to see how deep you can free dive ...and getting down 60 or 70 feet on an anchor line.

Yeah just normal
stuff .

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ric Larson said...

Normal? Aquaman has just been revealed! ;)

Becki said...

I must be getting old...I don't remember the waves being that big. Great photo's! Thanks.

Paul said...

Becki, The waves weren't that big, I'm just zoomed from far away so they look bigger.

Joanna said...

Paul,It looked gnarly to me.Your son has a natural worry...of survival:)