Thursday, November 13, 2008

The 'Flat Earth Theory'. Mabe Justified!

Think I may have its origins figured out? As I was star-gazing out side tonight with the full moon in view, I realized that we see the same surface of the moon all the time. We never see the dark side of the moon. Ancient peoples saw the same thing. They saw the Moon move across the Heavens, and the surface never changed. It was a flat orb to them. They had no reason to think other wise, nor why could/ would/ should they? To them in retrospect, we must have been living on the same thing; a flat thin orb, like the Moon.

But of course, I do not believe in 'original thought'. I am certain many others have come up with this same conclusion?

But one thing I can testify to, my beer never got cold! It was freezing out tonight!

7 comments:

Ric Larson said...

There I go again, I misspelled 'Maybe'. I so suck at spelling...sorry folks!

rac said...

Yes Ric, which just goes to prove that things are not always as they appear.

rac said...

Actually, belief in a flat earth didn't end with the ancients. There are modern believers that can be found in a group called the Flat Earth Society. Surprisingly, their numbers range in the thousands.

Doug said...

Then again, maybe it isn't so surprising. There's a fair segment of our population that holds both the Sciences and the educated in low esteem.

Ric Larson said...

You both are so right!

Ric Larson said...

What about the 'Hollow Earth Theory'? I think it has more validity than the 'Flat Earth Theory'? Always wondered where the writer from 'Center of the Earth' got his thought?

Ric Larson said...

'Journey to the Center of the Earth' is what I meant to write. Good book it is! Classic!