Thursday, October 18, 2007

Memories

Anyone remember these?

"Big, big meat, little bitty bone"

The bustop monster! One of the fathers in the circle painted a monster on the side of the bustop.

The dirt track in the back of Larson's house. And the old Subaru (that's Sub-AAAA-ru!) that we drove around until it cracked in half.

The VW minivan that was way ahead of its time. The Larson's dad had it running on methane, supplied by chicken _____.

"Larsooooon!"

The Guam police coming to schools to warn kids away from (not drugs) but unexploded munitions.

The "Dean Circle Brotherhood of Kitchen Worker Union" - we had the best gig in Barrigada JHS. Get out of class early, serve food in the cafe, eat as much as we wanted and get to the next class late 'cause "there was a big line".


9 comments:

DRL said...

Sean, good to see you are here.
Yes, That is the greatest thing of this blog thing. Bringing back the memories. Thank you,
Thank you all.

Joanna said...

Hi Sean,
How are you these days.It was Dean that remembered your last name.Sam,Dean and I still live here,also Paul Carlson. Sam said he lived on the road into Dean's Circle.Hey does anyone remember Robbie Cleveland?All I can remember is that he kneed me in the butt for throwing rocks and everyone was doing it but, he picked me out of the bunch!?

juliet said...

Yes he passed away early on. His mother taught at GCC for years.

Joanna said...

Oh,I didn't know that...I'm sorry about what I said.I probably deserved it. I know that Sam remembers him well,something about almost being swept off the reef at U.S.O. and my Dad losing it cuz they were so far from shore.Sam almost lost Alice fishing with their rod and reels they ordered from the comic books in the back. God Bless his soul...

DRL said...

Joanna,
Do not ever feel bad about memories. I can only speek for my self, but I would think that everyone would agree that our memories cant dictate or affect what happens latter.

DRL said...

Sean,
Yes, the "meth lab"(methane). That was the best "alternative" energey sorce ever. I tell people today that they are working on the wrong end of the chiken.
What a stud in the picture. Who is it with all that straight hair???? Haaaa. I don't know how much of the blog you have seen, but the family pic of us at Ric & Terisas.
Get caught up with all of them.
Talk to me later, Brother Dave

Sean said...

Ah, yes, hair. To say that I don't have all that straight hair anymore is an understatement. . .

I have an interested in between picture of a hair cut that maybe I'll post one of these days.

DanL said...

Sean, Good to hear from ya! It was a Datsun B210 that Pete and Matt Kalb traded a lawnmower for.
It did break in half after Pete repeatedly backed into a telephone pole. We kept the engine and finally sold it to a guy who was going to put it in his boat.
That was a fun Car!

After we moved to Utah, my Dad kept on inventing ways to capture the suns energy. We had more Chickens eventually, but just for eggs, then we ate em.

Sean said...

Your dad had an electric motorcycle, too. Didn't he? I remember it had 2 or 3 giant car batteries in the lower chassis.