Saturday, October 27, 2007

Relevant Humor

Many of us are guilty of looking at others our own age and thinking, "Surely, I can't be that old". If you've ever done this, then you'll appreciate the following.

I was sitting in the waiting froom for my first appointment with a new dentist. I noticed his DDS diploma, which bore his full name. Suddenly, I remembered a tall, handsome, dark-haired boy with the same name had been in my high school class some 30-odd years ago. Could he be the same guy that I had a secret crush on way back then?

Upon seeing him, however, I quickly discarded any such thought. This balding, grey-haired man with the deeply lined face was way too old to have been my classmate. After he examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended George Washington High School.

"Yes. Yes, I did. I'm a Gecko," he gleamed with pride.
"When did you graduate?" I asked.
"In 1975," he replied. "Why do you ask?"
"You were in my class!" I exclaimed.

He looked at me closely ... and then that ugly, old, bald, wrinkled, fat ass, grey-haired decrepit SOB asked, "What did you teach?"

6 comments:

DRL said...

Ha, thats funny, even if you don't think so. I am sticking to my own non-reality life, thank you.

Cindy said...

I'm with you DRL, plus today somebody guessed my age as 35 so I'm feeling pretty smug..hehe

DRL said...

Cindy, May I see your ID before you purchase that beer?

DanL said...

I attended a martial arts class a few years ago. During "testing" I video taped the class. After ward we were reviewing the recording when I asked "Who is that guy with the balding head?" The guys looked at me and said, "That's You!"
I think we all feel younger inside than we appear.

Ric Larson said...

At 45 they still call me baby face, and card me for Beer!

Ric Larson said...

...but I never had a crush on some high school friend, just his sisters!