Monday, October 13, 2008

Little Johnny Gets Culture

Little Johnny was at the mall with his mother when a man came walking toward them. Little Johnny hopped up and down, laughed, pointed, and screamed, "Mommy! Look at that bowlegged man!"

His mother was so embarrassed. "John, your manners are atrocious! You need some culture, young man!"

For the next month Little Johnny was forced to read Shakespeare every night. When his detention was finally over, his mother again took him to the same mall.

Sure enough, the same bowlegged man came walking toward them.
Had Little Johnny learned anything from the great bard?

Yes.

This time, as the man approached, Little Johnny cried out, "Hark! What manner of man is this me sees, who wears his balls in parentheses?"

4 comments:

Doug said...

"The Devil can cite scripture for his purpose."
Merchant Of Venice
Act I

Good one by the way Robert.

Joanna said...

So cute and extremely funny!!!This is why I log on:)

Ric Larson said...

Dang it! You did it again RAC! As I was reading this, I was also sipping one of my favorite carbonated beverages. It hurt like hell coming back back up through my nose as I began laughing, coughing, attempting to breath and swallow my beer...all at the same time!~

Cindy said...

Hi Dave! I'm still here but now sharing computer time with granddaughter, 2 daughters, and son-in-law...ugh. The computer/crafting/work out room has also now been converted to a bedroom too...but I've locked myself in for for a bit so I can catch up on reading the blog.