Friday, October 10, 2008

White trash music? Stereo types? Think not!~

I have always been told that AC/DC is white trash rock n' roll music? Hmmm? Never could figure it out, but as I walked the streets and malls and have seen all those young AC/DC fans/kids wearing white tennis show, sporting mullets, tight-ass jeans, and smokes hanging from their mouths, I was beginning to understand that logic.

But......then, my distiquished 'Doctor' of a brother in-law, a native of England...sent me "AC/DC Late at Donington", a DVD for my B-day! I put it in the DVD player, and began to rock on, then I rocked out! (Plus, I drank just a little bitty amount of beer).

I think these guys will go down in history as true 'Rock Gods'! How in the world does that pint size Mr. Angus Young frick'n' marc-time' and play the quitar for 18 songs straight? And his brother Malcolm, whom plays lead, just stands there, yet jamms like I've never seen a lead guitarist lead?!?!?

Long live Rock and Roll!

5 comments:

Ric Larson said...

Angus and Malcolm Young owe their great success (AC/DC) to their sister that designed Angus's school boy uniform outfit (AC/DC's image), and an older brother that initially financed (produced) the groups first album? The older brother was a 'one or two hit wonder' back in the 50's or early 60's. Does any one know whom the older brother was or the musical group that he played in?

juliet said...

No I don't know but certainly had a good time back in the day with their music in the background. Happy Birthday!

Doug said...

In my opinion pretty good stuff. Rooted in Rock & Roll and the Blues. Gotta admire anybody that can do electric bag pipes.

Ric Larson said...

Thanks Juliet for the Happy Birthday! Actually it was way back in July...it just took me this long to open the DVD and veiw it (me man, me lazy). Wished I had only watched it earlier. Awesome DVD!

Joanna said...

AC/DC was it ,growing up.Along with other great Rock @ Roll bands.Styx,Boston,so many.Better than the stuff these days for the most part .I know I'm old school:)Not really...