Sunday, October 5, 2008

Out of the loop

I've been out of the loop the last few days waiting for cable and Internet to be installed. What I've discovered during this period is this; when one is not bombarded by all the hoopla of political noise one does not concern ones self with it. Or in other words, the political machine works. It is intended to incite emotion. And with emotion comes the ability to control... to control how we vote.

A prime example is the numerous copies of a DVD mailed to my in-laws' house (in a prime battleground state). The title of the DVD is "Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West." Of course there are no political overtones in the DVD, or its accompanying literature, but the point is well taken (by me anyway). Given previous attempts to label Obama as Islamic, it's obvious this is a move to change the focus from the economy (or other such issues) and move it back to the neocon calling card of TERROR. It will be interesting to see how that works for them.

3 comments:

rac said...

Seems my instincts were correct: Pro-McCain Group Dumping 28 Million Terror Scare DVDs in Swing States

mat said...

Jeez RAC, just when it was starting to lighten up a little here.

mat said...

OK I'll bite. It won't work and I'll tell you why. There are a lot of kooky organizations out there on
BOTH sides of the political fence. At this pont in time most Americans are thinking about the economy(price of gas,Wall street,the banking fiasco). I for one don't think that Obama is a muslim but he should pick his friends more carefully. I agree with Dougs way earlier remark that theyr'e all assholes. So the question would be when casting your vote is who is the least assholiest. I don't care who is recieving a golf membership or sporting event tickets. Those are perks and chump change.I want to know where the BIG money is going or rather to whom.Read the bailout bill and you see alot of pork yes but a lot of it is chumpchange. I know it adds up but don't let them fool you. It's( the bill) a diversionary tactic. I said it before and I'll say it again.FOLLOW THE MONEY!