Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sarah is checking in

Sorry so long away from the blog...Lots of "stuff" going on in my life. The three Eldredge sisters had an enjoyable time visiting in Alaska this summer. This picture was taken in Denali National Park. From left to right: Sarah, Nani, Debi. We saw lots of animals: moose, bears, ptarmigan, red tail fox, eagles, caribou, and the most dangerous one of all: tourists!

Plus, we got to see the mountain (Mt McKinley or better known here in Alaska--Denali) on the drive home the next day. It's covered with clouds about 3/4 of the time. Come visit some time...

4 comments:

Paul said...

It's nice to see you all. Thanks for posting the pictures

I still miss mountains and big trees, but not the snow and cold :-)

juliet said...

So you were able to round up your little sisters and go on an adventure in the wilds of Alaska. Good for you all. It looks so beautiful. In the old days when I lived in Korea I traveled to Germany a few times per year and the flight was always from Seoul with a stopover in Anchorage and then on to Frankfort and connection then to Hamburg. The never ending journey. So close but never could stop over and leave the airport. I think in those days we couldn't fly over Russia to get to Europe from Asia. I remember the Duty free sold Beef steaks and Salmon by the case for the Asians to take back home and little Indian handicrafts. It must still be a long flight for your sister from Hawaii. Great to see you all on the blog again.

Ric Larson said...

Thanx for the pics Sarah! Hope you and the sisters are doing well? From the pics, you all seem to be!

Alaska, the wonderful land where I met my wife lovely wife! Sure miss that place, almost as much as Guam!

Ric Larson said...

Juliet, I knew Hamburg well! I was stationed with the 2nd Armored Division (fwd) back in 1981-82 just out side of Bremenhaven. My old Garrison is no longer there though. Fun place Hamburg was back in the day!