Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Visitor From Guam

Last week Chris Franquez came to my house for a visit (before my gang descended on my quest room). I felt like I was a bad hostess because I had to work most of the time he was here and I didn't get to take him to see any of the sights around here. He was a great guest though.. cooking for us all week and he even mowed my grass twice...I know cussing my earth-friendly cordless electric mower the whole time. We had lumpia, fried rice and Spam. I had a retirement party for one of my coworkers and Chris made chicken, ribs, red rice and keleguen for the pot-luck dinner. I had about 30 friends over..it was a mini United Nations..including people from Cuba, Puerto Rico, Nicaragua, Italy...and Guam...They all enjoyed meeting Chris and are still talking about the food.

My kids really enjoyed meeting Chris too..especially my youngest Chelsea. She's always been very fascinated about Guam and my time there. Chris had her helping alot in the kitchen including cutting open coconuts and peeling out the meat for grating which she loved...she was really bummed when he had to go.

He DID get to spend some time relaxing, swimming in the pool and drinking a few Coronas. I hope he enjoyed his visit as much as we enjoyed having him here.

5 comments:

Joanna said...

Cindy,Guam's hospitality followed you.Chris sounds like quite the gentleman and Island boy!!!:)Hey,the Coronas and great company made it great for him,I'm sure:0

mat said...

Tell Chris Hafa Adai!

Cindy said...

I don't know how I thought I was going to pull off a party like that on my own..Chris is a pro at party prep, I could not have done it with out him....he even brings his own special Bar-b-que towel with him. Thanks Chris!!!!

Doug said...

You get to have all the fun down there in Florida.

Joanna said...

Ah,Yeah!!!!:)