Sunday, May 31, 2009

Does anyone recognize this person?

Chris Delnat Writes...

We lived in Harmon Village from around 1960 through 1968. We were there during Typhoon Karen in 1962 which removed over half of Lower Harmon.
I remember playing in the boonies, the bomb shelters (did you go in them during typhoons? I remember one in 67 or 68.
It really is too bad there is not even any pictures of the bomb shelters although I can't imagine anything taking them out. When we lived there the boonies were growing on the sandbags and they were disappearing, but still there and still safe during typhoons (well the water got a bit high but the men would bring beds in)
We were the Braffets-five kids. We surely played together. My parents were high school teachers. For a while we lived in Agana boat basin on the trimaran my father built.
Interesting reading your 2007 blog entries.

8 comments:

juliet said...

No sorry I don't but I came to guam in 1968.

Doug said...

I was in the '67-'73 time frame. Sorry, no. But the living on the trimaran thing is claxsic Guam stuff.

illustrationISM.... said...

Are there any pictures of you Chris?
Any Guam shots? Maybe those'll jog
our memories.

Pat said...

I knew some Chris's, but he doesn't sound familiar. probably passed him on the road.:)

mat said...

Dejavu.

Becki said...

No clue..only lived in Dean's Circle.

Dave said...

He is a she ( chrissy ) and was age 2 thru 10 when on Guam. She lived in Harmon 7 years, and on a boat for a while. She knows some of the people I knew from Harmon, the Pauls and Rhineharts. She unfortunately lost most of her pictures of the old days. Chrissy is now 51, living in Indiana.

Joanna said...

Did she know the "Branch" Family?