Saturday, May 23, 2009

Seventy Six

My parents got me hooked on golf about 15 years ago. I was a real fanatic for a few years playing at least once or twice a week. I got my game down to a pretty consistent low 80's but never could take it to the next level. After awhile I quit playing out of frustration and other personal factors.

I picked the game up again last summer when I knew I would be moving to Michigan (Michigan has some of the best golf in the World during its 2 weeks of summer). This time around I promised I would get serious. I bought new clubs (Cobra's) and worked on my swing all winter at a heated driving range. I even set a goal for myself. Yep, this summer I was going to break into the 70's.

Well I'm proud to say that after only a month of playable golfing weather I have reached my goal. That's right - a seventy-frickin-six. Next stop - the Seniors Tour! LOL

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Congrats RAC!!! Mom and Dad would be happy for you!

Cindy said...

Have you gotten yourself a pair of those pastel plaid pants??? Post a pic please if you have.

Doug said...

So what'd you shoot on the back nine?
Seriously I'm impressed. I used to play all the time. Rain or shine. Down here you can play year round.
I never broke 100.

juliet said...

I used to golf. When I was young, my parents played at Windward Hills. I took lessons from our Guam Resident Pro back then, Greg Holbrook. (passed on in 2002) Ben and I hung out there for hours while my parents played 18 holes. We had great times exploring the surrounding boonies and there was a little stream and jungle area on the front nine that would accumulate stray balls. So every once in a while we would collect them and sell them back to members. Then the CCP (Country Club of the Pacific)in Epan was built and we hung out there. I drove by there on my way around the Island in April. It was looking run down.
I stopped Golfing around 1996 up in Korea. I just got sick of having people hit balls at me and push at moving along. A few years ago in Germany there were signs at some of the Courses "No Koreans". Hans Played a few times in Pakistan there was no grass on the course I went a few times on the driving range. They cleared the balls with a guy holding an umbrella while people continued to practice!The Brits always tried to hit him. I think they were keeping score. "Pakie Bastards" and Bloody Hell ringing in your ears when Brits were around.

Sean said...

I've golfed precisely two times and it wasn't pretty. It seems so unnatural to me - swinging the golf club. I'm not a great baseball hitter, but at least it feels OK when I do it. Perhaps I should take a lesson or two...

Joanna said...

Robert, keep it up. Get good enough to see Tiger Woods:) Juliet,that was a great story...made me laugh even though those Koreans might annihilate us...look for our shadows somewhere:)Lots of Love,Jo@Family When you come back,let's go to Hanom!!! You'll love it there:)