Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Back from an extended Tahiti surf trip

Ia Orana & Hafa Adai Rick, and Juliet, and all,

Just got back from being overseas ... Tahiti of course. Surf was beautiful, but nasty as always.

Vairao, Teahupo'o and Taapuna are all just like left side Merizo or left side Boat Basin on Guam, and I did get my share of being pitched out onto shallow reefs. Sold a couple of my latest epoxy sticks to my Tahitian surf buddies.

I finally got to speak with Hank Pickop a couple months ago, and he is living in Las Vegas.

I'll be in Las Vegas on Monday for a whole week, and hope to see that dude while I am there. Other than that, I will be back in Tahiti in mid-August, Connecticut in late August, then to Oahu in mid-September, and then to Paris for the end of September and first week of October.

Any word from the illusive Ben Bast yet? I've heard from Coco Joe Hipolito several times already. Laters!

2 comments:

Ric Larson said...

Johnny, I figured that you must have been on a long surfing ride. But you were gone so long that you must have ridden a slow wave from California to Tahiti, then took a return wave back home. (Know it can be done, I saw it once on 'Gilligans Island'.

You got a 'gig' going on in CT. in August? Let me know where and when. My wife and I would like to see you perform/sing! The futhest point in Connecticut is only 1 1/2 hours drive away, the nearest, 1/2 hour.

As far as I know, Ben Bast is still illusive? Sure would like to see him come on the BLOG too!

Glad to hear from you, and hope to hear from you'tz soon!

Ric

Ric Larson said...

Johnny, thanks for your kind email. My Wife and I will be more than happy to see you there!