Monday, June 23, 2008

Part Of My Childhood Died Today

I was driving in to work this morning and I heard the news. George Carlin has passed away. How sad! I remember listening to his albums ad nauseum. He was only 71. I think a lot of what he had to say as a comedian rang true for me and probably a lot of kids my age. They say the 70's are pretty blase. I don't agree. the 70's had so much going on and George Carlin (as well as Cheech and Chong) were such a big part of it. He will be missed. Rest In Peace.

9 comments:

Joanna said...

Mat,I-didn't-even-know.He-was-a-great-man-with-so-much-insight.

DRL said...

don't forget Richard Pryar. Sorry to hear about Carlin, but remember to reliese them traped farts, ha

Joanna said...

Mat,I-wanted-to-say-that-at-least-he-was-a-very-happy-man.DRL,Richard-Pryor-also:)

Ric Larson said...

Mat, know one can say it better than what you just did!

Joanna said...

Like-he-said"I-was-just-here-a-minute-ago.Great,funny-descent-man.

Ric Larson said...

Mat, he was an amazing man! He had the ability to make us all laugh, but his genius was making us all think!

Joanna said...

I'm-Sorry-Mat.

Rod said...

I have 7 dirty words saved just for this day..

Joanna said...

:)