Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Sicklers have been Located

I was just falling asleep last night when my cell phone rang. As I was deciding who could be calling and whether I wanted to talk to them or not, I looked at the display screen and saw the name Nancy. As my heart pounded within my chest I answered. The sweetest voice greeted me and asked, "is this Dave Larson?" Sure enough, I had Nancy Sickler on the line. She is living up in Oregon, as is Amy, Don and their parents. Wendy is in New Jersy. Nancy said hello to all of you, and she is excited about joining us on the blog. She does not own a computer but said that Amy is a computer freak. They are supposed to email me so that I can get them signed onto our site. I have her phone number if anyone would like to call and encourage her to come hang out with us again. I also have Wendy's phone number but she has not returned my calls yet, which according to Nancy is quite normal. She only speaks to her about once a year and Wendy seldom returns her calls either. So keep your fingers crossed gang, we are closer than ever to getting back in touch with the Sicklers. I owe it all to our good friend Alice. She had the addresses and phone numbers all along.... thanks much Alice, I appreciate your help.

16 comments:

Ric Larson said...

Great detective work once again Dave! And thanks to Alice for her assistance! I always wondered how Amy was doing? Keep us posted!

Ric Larson said...

Wendy is in New Jersey! (what exit...local joke)! I spend more time working in Jersey than I do hear in New York. Would love to razzle her! Let me know!

Doug said...

Wow. By the way how is it that so many of us ended up in the great state of Oregon anyway?
Good job again Dave. You the man!

juliet said...

Hi Nancy, Doug I thought you were in Florida?

Doug said...

I am. In the North Florida outback. It just seems like a number of the deans Circle expatriates ended up in Oregon.

alice said...

We had alot of fun as kids and hope you all come aboard!

alice said...

I think Wendy is good at computers too. Come on Winnie.

alice said...

So Doug. Do you have a guamanian accent tinted with a little southern twang? And have you wrestled an alligator yet?

Doug said...

Alice. Some guamanian mixed with very slight southern accent with even a remnant of midwestern twang. In other words all screwed up.
No alligator wrestling for me. That's what God gave us 12 gauge shotguns for, vile creatures.

Joanna said...

I hope all the Sickler's log on, come on you all,log on today!!!

amy said...

hey e i, i dream of guam and dean circle all the time. couldnt have had a better childhood growing up on guam. would love to go back bet it has changed alot. i still hate snakes though lol. i took alot of pics in dean circle have to find a way to scan them. would love to see what e 1 looks like.

juliet said...

Hi Amy, Great you have been found. I am still looking for Janet Tansy any idea where they went after Guam? I know Wendy and Janet were good friends before they left the Island.

amy said...

hi juliet actually janet and them moved to oregon too for alittle while in the begining then the last we know they live in lousianna

Dave said...

Amy, what ever it takes, try and get a scanner so you can hook us up with some more old stuff from the day. I've got a few more, but gotta spread them out so we can keep the theme of the blog alive.
Keep digging through those albums people and pull out some more of those golden oldies. Mahalo...

juliet said...

Maybe the public library will let you scan to a disk.

Joanna said...

Hello Amy, This is Joanna. I've been wondering where you've been for so many years. It's great to hear all is well with you...let's make mud pies!:)