Thursday, May 15, 2008

Gulf of Mexico Sunken Treasure

This link will bring you up to date on what the Munson brothers do with their spare time (and money). This has been my brother's passion (or should I say obsession) ever since we left Guam in '75. It all started with diving the Tokai Maru and Jap Zero etc. This find will probably get him back to broke. Real life (wife, kids, mortgage etc.) separated me from this adventure about 5 years ago. A sad story indeed (for me) but a great story of perseverance for my brother.
King


http://www.theind.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2496&Itemid=1&ed=1023

13 comments:

Doug said...

Cool! At least there's one of us that's not entombed in corporate hell. Good job.

Paul said...

Follow your dreams, very cool.

Ric Larson said...

Nice article, good and interesting read! Go for it!

Ric Larson said...

Nice boat King! And nice Black-Lab (owned one myself for 12 years, best friend I ever had)! After re-reading the article, was that a book published on this voyage?

Joanna said...

Sometimes you're asked to look for treasure and you say "No" then they find it.Good Luck to treasure hunters,it could be a few feet away...

Chris said...

Thanks for the article King,
Way to go Avery!
A little hard work mixed with
gold fever pays well
I reckon.

Joanna said...

Chris, my Dad was asked to invest and go on a treasure hunt, I believe off of Florida, that part of the world. Been there, waters too cold. Anyway, his close friend hit the spot and my Dad was given a few pieces of Eight. I think he still regrets that even though he's passed to the other side.I love to remember my Dad and his adventures...as we all:)

Ric Larson said...

Joanna, I too remember that!

Joanna said...

Cool, Ric!!!

Ric Larson said...

Joanna, I also remember and read some of a 'manuscript' that your father wrote and was anticipating publishing. Last I remember, Sam had it, and he wanted to send it off to a publisher. That was some 27 years ago.

Joanna said...

I have the original,last one.

Joanna said...

I have the original,last one.

Joanna said...

Venus Project. The Solution to war.To the blog guru's,I posted twice again. Sorry:(