Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Okay so...

Gas is now $4 something a gallon back on the old homestead. I would like to propose a little contest, just in the spirit of competition and in the interest of promoting good sportsmanship. You know, just like our games back on the island. 
I would like to have an over/under competition on what gas prices will be on 7/25 ON THE ISLAND. Guess a per gallon price and the person farthest away from the actual per gallon cost on 7/25 "loses".
Loser has to run up and down the hall of the hotel in his boxers loudly proclaiming "Pickled papaya is the ultimate aphrodisiac" or somesuch. You can use your imagination.  Compared to some of our antics back in the day this is really quite tame, "barely" worthy on note actually.

13 comments:

Doug said...

Oh and there will be a deadline for entering. We won't have any of this "guessing" the price the day before you leave.

Ric Larson said...

My quess is $4.34 a gallon. This is a wild quess since I don't know what that cost of a gallon is on Guam right now. (Gosh, what if it is a women that looses the bet? Boxers only? Hmmmm! :)

pat said...

Doug, I already lost. I reguired my Dads F150 truck, after he died. It's a good truck, but gets about 10 miles to Gal.

pat said...

Anyone been watching Survivor in Palau?? OMG! I get off on that show! That's home!

Ric Larson said...

Do we have a 'winner', I mean loser. Pat, do you realize that you already claim that you are the loser, you must run up and down the hotel hallway sporting only 'boxers', yelling "pickled papaya is the ultimate aphrodisiac"?

Ric Larson said...

All in fun Pat! ;)

pat said...

Dang! that's what I get for spell check!..ok guys no problem Ric. I will run up an down the hall in my pink boxers yelling whooo whooo!!!!
or I won't say anything..I'ts up to you...hee hee

pat said...

oh yeah, in the palau tradition, no top.

Dave said...

It sounds like Doug misses all those games of spin the bottle and truth or dare we used to play over at the Sicklers house. I always seem to lose my shorts at these high risk games. And please remember, Vegas is wired. There is nowhere you can go, especially in a hotel, where the eye in the sky isn't watching you. $4.63 p/gal

Doug said...

Hey what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas right?
$4.55
Pack your boxers Larson.

Ric Larson said...

Why yes Pat, Pink Boxers and a Smile would work for me, as an observer of the 'bet' looser! ;)lol

Joanna said...

I guess that on 7/25 here on Guam it will be 10 weeks...$5.50 a gallon plane old unleaded.

Joanna said...

Yesterday,our unleaded is now $3.31.9. I have to buy a motorcycle and get a license. My sis Alice is so darn good on big bikes.I wish I was as well. I whiped out a Harley that was older than me.I felt really bad.Our Pare' bike.He refused any money cuz I asked him and my husband to take me for a ride. They said "No" so I took off. It was the gravel when I stopped:)Dropped her.Slowly.Sorry ,It was Mother's Day:)