Friday, April 18, 2008

In the Family Way

Consuelo, a Mexican maid announced to her boss, Mrs. Blanco, that she was quitting.

When Mrs. Blanco asked why, Consuelo replied, "I'm in the family way."

Mrs. Blanco was totally surprised and shocked, and asked who the father could be.

"Your husband and your son," replied Consuelo.

Mortified, Mrs. Blanco demanded an explanation.

"Well," Consuelo explained, "I go to the library to clean it and your husband say, 'You are in the way'. I go to the living room to clean and your son say 'You are in my way'. So I'm in the family way and I can't do the work you hired me to do so I quit."

7 comments:

DRL said...

Sounds like she needs lesons about how to be in the "Family way". Any volenteers?

Ric Larson said...

Love it! Got to show it to my lady!

DRL said...

Ric, she is 1/2 mexican. Are you finaly going to show her how girls become in the "family way". Have a good time, talk to me later.

Joanna said...

So sad for females across the Earth.rac, I must watch 60 Minutes too much...

Joanna said...

RAC, I didn't mean to rain on your party.As you all say, My bad.Sorry!E-mail me if you'd like. I deserve to hear what's really on your mind?:(

rac said...

Not raining on my parade at all, Joanna. I posted this because it emphasizes how we are almost always wrong when we try to stereo type people. Most people’s reaction was to assume the maid was also a whore. In reality she was driven only by her high moral standards. What we think we see is not always what we get.

Joanna said...

Wow that was surprising to me. I just wrote what I thought.