Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Daddy's gonna eat your finger

I was packing for a business trip, when my 3 year old daughter was having a wonderful time playing on the bed.
At one point she said,"Daddy, look at this", and stuck out two of her fingers.
Trying to keep her entertained, I reached out and took her tiny fingers in my mouth and said, "Daddy's gonna eat your finger". Pretending to eat them.
I went back to getting ready, looked up again and my daughter was looking at her fingers with a devastating look on her face.
I said, "what's wrong honey?"
She replied, "What happened to my booger?"

8 comments:

DRL said...

Okay, it wasn't me, you you thought it was. It could have been, but not. Ha

Joanna said...

I thought it was you...laughing of course.There was a story of a little girl helping her sick Mom with the flu.She brought her hot tea and the Mom asked how she strained the tea after drinking it.Her daughter than told her that she used the fly swatter.:(

Joanna said...

Laughing with you I mean.Parenthood is interesting Huh?

DRL said...

Joanna, yes it is.
The fly swatter, that is sick. Yuck. I once worked construction, and one of the engineers was sitting at the desk, picking his teeth with the fly swatter. That is a real story. Yuck.

Anonymous said...

I work with someone that eats the scabs he picks off his arms, unbelievably sick!

Ric Larson said...

DRL or Sean. This is pre-Guam time. But do you remember some one saying “who stole my booger out of my nose”?

DRL said...

Sorry Ric, na. But I do remember the "cracky hole" and "poopy sound". Things like that I do. What else do you remember?

DRL said...

In the words of Al Yankovic, "I got a boogie, I got a boogie, I got a boogie in my finger and I can't shake it off. I can't flick it off, I sure ain't gonna lick it off. I got a boogie on my finger and I can't get it off".

Okay, I'll stop.