Monday, March 2, 2009

WHA ARE WE HERE FOR???

I have been watching.
Has anyone else noticed that the posts that upset someone get allot of hits, but the funny ones, or ones that Paul puts up don't get the same hits. And look who is on the Island posts, or funny posts, or even the ones like "good day". Why is it that the post that get us to fight are the popular ones.
I went back to the beginning and enjoined the old ones of us on Guam. Ric posted once about going back to the beginning. Any one remember that?

If we are here to bicker, then let the fight begin. I am all in.

But if we want to make this something more of who we are and have become. Then lets do that. I am all for the political, but why not look at the others. I posted the funny one as a test to see if it would take us away. The only one that did, was the "Biblical humor" one. It was funny too, if you ask me.

Well, what about it?

9 comments:

Paul said...

I like to tell visiting haoles about finding religion for the first time at the A&W next to the Naval Station gate a week after I arrived on Guam.

Clay (dad, not Copland) was inside ordering burgers and I was hanging around staring at a couple of guys sitting at the tables outside. This one guy with kinda long straight black hair looks over at me and says "ay boy (eye browse raised), what's your name?", and I say in true dork speak "uh, Paul, what's yours?". He gets a twinkle in his eye and says "Jesus".

Now I'm only 10 years old but I know that Jesus has blonde wavy hair like in all the pictures I saw in sunday school so I say "huh? no way". After an embarrassing movement he says he can prove it and shows me his driver's license and sure as shit it's right there in front of me "Jesus Cruz"

Doug said...

OOG.

mat said...

Yea I thought that was weird too when i moved to Guam.Jesus was everywhere.

mat said...

And DRL. All the posts get looked at it's just that politics and religion have always been the two subjects that most people are passionate about. Thats just a fact of life. Thats why most work places don't even allow employees to talk about them at work. And we still joke around. Dougs post about 3 things at Walmart got a lot of responses. Thats what makes this blog so interesting because the subjects run the gamut. Feel free to post on brother.

Rod said...

PAULS POST R THE BEST

Ric Larson said...

Ya gotta admit, Paul's posts stay true...sticking to the island subject, with photos and updates! Thanks Paul!

mat said...

Yea but please remove the spider!EEk I hate that thing.

mat said...

Paul you are truly our visual link to Guam.Si yuos maase.

DRL said...

Funny story to Pauls.
Here at work we comunicate with out drivers throught Qualcom. A satilite based communications system.
Any way. I had to send a message to a driver to call the broker for some information.

"Steve, Call Jesus for the correct information. He will have all your answers. If he does not have the answer, then it does not exist." I could not help the last sentence. He did call me instead. I had to explain. Haole's anyway.