Thursday, March 19, 2009

Stop kicking against the goads

"Kicking against the goads" is a Biblical term (I say that because many of you may not know that. It is what Jesus asked Saul when he was met on the road to Damascus), yet not exclusive to Christians. I say this because I thank Sean for the reminder. As I was being "goaded", I kicked back, only harming myself. I have gotten down on my knees and done some soul searching. I will not be "goaded" into sticking myself again. It is my heart felt prayer that all of us can act like we are no longer at the bus stop, again.
Joanna, If Mat wants to pray, what is that to you that you would want to insult him? I do not know, and don't want to know! Jesus said, "no prophet is accepted in his own town". This means that the people who know us best, have the hardest times believing that we could be faithful. Try going to your best friend after being born again and explain the light to them.
I have to thank many of you again for the on blog and off blog contacts. Yes, my sweet thing (pet name for Jill) even got with some of you. I also appreciate the truthful discipline to all who dare get neutrally involved. I did notice that it was only those on the right that found enough within themselves to try to stop it on both sides. Yes, you chastised me as well as those others involved. I also noticed that none on the left thought that they had done anything wrong, both those involved and those who commented, but were not involved. I repeatedly said what insulted me about what they said, and it was taken as a joke. Yes, I felt that being attacked for my poor spelling, was equal to that of a child with Cerebral Palsy (Oh, by the way. I do have Cerebral Pauly in my right leg, which was amplified after my accident). No one that insulted me (even if it was simply perceived on my part) even attempted an apology.
For those who came in and tried to minimise the insulting language and get us back on track, I thank you. I thank you for the tough words towards me as well as to the others involved. I am a big enough man to say sorry and thank you. I, however, am sorry for the hatred being diverted off me and onto you in my stead. It is cruel what Joanna said and Juliet has said to you.
First of all, Renee's last name was not Larson. They were not married, even by common law in Colorado. I was the one who had to release Steve to the mortuary. She could not. Joanna, Please be careful what you say, Renee was really upset with us when we could not pay for his funeral. We all invited her into our hearts.
Please take Joanna's advice Mat and pray for me too. I can use all I can get.
Juliet, good to see you back. I do not know if you noticed, but Juls came down pretty hard on me too. Is she supposed to be such a feminist that she will only attack men? Can she be a woman and scold who needs it? Why do you keep "analysing" the people you disagree with ("is it possible that her character is displaying an inappropriate attachment to the happily married men that she writs about")? Remember, miss diagnosing by way of your Psych Nursing experiences is illegal and against the blog rules. Using ethnic slurs are too. so when you use "Kin" and "y'all" as forms of "white trash" slang, you do the same thing that you threatened the blog shut down with. So please, in the future if you can not state it in a non-ethnic way, don't.
Juliet, why is it okay for you to bring up people, but you have repeatedly asked those on the right not to bring people up. Remember, it was Joanna that brought her father up first.
I would hope that everyone would go to the "Rick Ross" website. It is geared to the most extreme hate groups their are. Do not just read the small links that she puts up. If she is now referring to you, Juls, then she is equating you with these hate groups. Oh, look at the hate group from Germany.
Oh, Doug, you were actually the first out the the four that insulted me about my spelling. I am fine with it now, but you could have at least acknowledged it. Remember on the part about how I did not like profanity?
I may not be on here much. My wife says that some of you are the cruelest people she knows. I like it when she is happy. She means more to me than even my brothers do. So needles to say, I am more concerned with keeping her happy, than any of you. If you thought the same way, you would not attack like you do.
I am now praying for some decency on the blog. We can agree to disagree. Many hurtful things have been said all around. Many times these have been countered with some mending words, only to be attacked. I am all for a good discussion, but if you say it is okay to insult President Bush, but hand off President Obama, then it will not come to pass. I want to see what we believe, but lets be careful.

28 comments:

DRL said...

Mark 12:31

juliet said...

Drl you are distorting what I have posted. This is the only link I have posted.

Dealing With Manipulative People
An Excerpt from the book: In Sheep's Clothing
By George K. Simon

http://www.rickross.com/reference/brainwashing/brainwashing11.html

DRL said...

Sorry if I have distorted anything. I was talking about rickross.com
I went there and I believe that I have correctly depicted what that site is about. I have no part in any hate filled organization the site lists.
It is like almost any web site, the home page is an accurate depiction of the site in whole.

juliet said...

So it is clear that I did not post anything about a rickross web site so it stands to reason that your statement that I am equating Juls with hate groups is a flat out lie and a major distortion that has nothing to do with anything I posted but everything to do with your desire manipulate juls.


drl you wrote "I would hope that everyone would go to the "Rick Ross" website. It is geared to the most extreme hate groups their are. Do not just read the small links that she puts up. If she is now referring to you, Juls, then she is equating you with these hate groups. Oh, look at the hate group from Germany."

DRL said...

Juliet, please look at the second comment on this post. It is yours. at the bottom is the Rick Ross website. Or is it just showing up on my screen. I would be sure that you had to put that website on it.
And I have no desire to manipulate anyone, let alone Juls.

DRL said...

Juliet,
Did you put http"//www.rickross.com/reference/brainwashing/brain
on your comment?
That is what I was referring to.

DRL said...

Juliet,
It is possible that you did not know about the context of the web site. You may have just googled the information you were looking for.

juliet said...

Last post on the subject drl. I know you are on the night shift and seem to have the approval of your company to work on private posting on the job so I guess you can be at this for hours, but I have other more pressing tasks to do here, so will have to leave it at this.
This is the reference I have posted.
I was real specific about what I was referring to and it did not include the entire rickross.com site. Try focusing on that instead of the other links on the site.
Dealing With Manipulative People
An Excerpt from the book: In Sheep's Clothing
By George K. Simon

http://www.rickross.com/reference/brainwashing/brainwashing11.html

DRL said...

Yes they know, when I was on days, I was next to my boss. I keep 3 windows visible all the time. When something is posted/commented I see it.
You still didn't answer the question. So, you think the one part of the whole web site is good to use, but the rest does not apply?????? don't work that way.

Goodnight

juliet said...

Well I don't read everything on sites like say amazon.com but I do buy some of the books. I don't agree with everything on Fox but I can quote some things on it. I don't agree with everything in an E Encyclopedia but it is still accepted to use it as a reference. I don't agree with everything on youTUBE but I see many posted links here on this blog and it doesn't mean people are posting all the entries on the YouTUBE Web site. So I think it does work that way.

DRL said...

Juliet, I am happy to hear that.

Joanna said...

I second that.

Joanna said...

Edumacate heem!

Joanna said...

I second that.

Joanna said...

Should be "stop kicking against the odds"

DRL said...

Joanna, I do appreciate the correction. With my spelling, it could have very well been that. However, this is a Biblical analogy. Sean brought it to my attention when he said something to the affect of, "I know I am being goaded".

In the book of Acts, Saul (later called Paul) was traveling to Damascus, and was knocked off his horse. This is when Jesus confronted him. Jesus asked, "why are you kicking against the 'goads'". A goad is a sharpened stick that the people would and still do use to get there oxen to move. They would poke the oxen behind the ankle, causing the animal to move away from the pain. Jesus was asking Saul why he would kick against the sharp object, rather than move in the direction God wanted him to spiritually go.

You can read about it in the book of Acts Chapter 9 and verses 1 through 9.
Acts 9:1-9

Anonymous said...

DRL, good to see you back dude, but wonder why you keep banging you head against the 5 cents per psyc wall.

Anonymous said...

Juliet's words: .....distortion that has nothing to do with anything I posted but everything to do with your desire manipulate juls.

I don't understand what you mean. Who do you mean is manipulating whom?

I found your psyco babble insulting by the way. And DRL's wife is a great lady and doesn't find me as any kind of threat. Again, your words are insulting, hurtful. But do you care? I think not. I just tried to stick up for anyone that was being crapped on. I felt good about it. I changed my mind, I am not sorry anymore.

juliet said...

Juls you wrote "DRL, good to see you back dude, but wonder why you keep banging you head against the 5 cents per psyc wall." probably for the same reason that you (juls) have added your 2 cents.

Now in the spirit of your last post I would be happy to answer your question but it is going to cost you 5 cents.lol

juliet said...

You know juls, drl and I were making some progress here. By your nasty comments it seems you somehow are not interested to see drl and I iron out our differences. I hope you don't feel threatened by our sincere efforts here to figure out for ourselves where the misunderstandings came about in my link. Drl thought I was linking the entire rickross.com site which according to him have some extreme cult links, but he now knows I was linking to a specific link on the site which was an excerpt of a book by George Simon. So I assume when I posted the link in another thread to you that he drew the conclusion that I was linking you with hate cults or something of that nature. Now, I get your desire to champion the Larson boys, you have earned you place forever as their blog sweetheart, Personally I think drl and his wife have probably managed all these years just fine and drl has proven time and time again that he can fight his own battles. Now a lot of people have posted hurtful things here on the blog but you are very selective in who you stand up for, it gets a little overwhelming kind of like mobbing. I think drl does well on his own, besides he has a great gift in his knowledge of Christianity and of bible quotes to smote the deserving.

Drl I think you are a great asset to this blog and we could all benefit from your limitless knowledge and biblical wisdom. You should post something daily for us all to reflect on. Truly this blog should have a more christian element to it. You could really put some of that time you have on the night shift at work to create some creative posts to support some biblical themes and then when everyone woke up in the morning and checked in on the blog they could start there day with something special. That's my 5 cents worth.

juliet said...

Oops, that should read their day.

Anonymous said...

Juliet, maybe I missed something but I don't see where you answered my question, "who is manipulating who?".

mat said...

Well isn't that special!

DRL said...

Juliet, I thank you.
If someone has any ideas for a "wake up" post, please let me know. If it is a question, or like Juliet says, a suggestion for a "daily reflection" put it on my "Ask a Biblical question" post. I know we are a group of spiritual diversity people, and I will do my best not to insult or walk on anyone's toes. I see there is a question already. I will use it tonight and welcome any comments on it. RAC actually has a good one on it. I will look forward to this.

Joanna said...

I'd like to get along also, to share some bright moments of Steve's burial.I'd like to share what Sam played, Pink Floyd's "Wish you were here","Shine on you crazy diamond" and Better than Ezra's"3@a half minutes in a life time" Sam was also found by Renee through our Congresswoman Bordallo,who found him ASAP.They talked an hour later:)Also the lei she made for him kept resurfacing in blow holes in the reef,all the way until we left.I looked back one more time and the lei was still there. May God Bless his soul.

DRL said...

Thank you for that Joanna. I too love Pink Floyd. "Wish you were here" is one of my favorites. I thank you for what you and Sam did.

Joanna said...

DRL,It was a very moving moment for us all.Especially for your family. I wish he was here. I saw his tattoo's of the Chamorro ancient drawings.I still have his burial pamphlet.That's how I remembered him:)

DRL said...

Joanna, Thank you again.