Friday, April 17, 2009

Reflection, Glory

Becki, You said it better than I could have.

It doesn't matter to what Deity or religion someone tries their best to follow. The final outcome is to glorify.

I am a Christian, but if a Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu or even that of an Agnostic were to be honest, to bring glory is our goal. Even an atheist will look for something to give glory to. That could be something as simple as a car, work, him/her self......
Who or whatever you serve, that is your god. That is why Jesus said, "no one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other....." (Matt 6:24) Regardless to whom or what you bow, you will glorify. But that is a deliberate act. Pain and suffering is not always. In 2 Corinthians the 12 chapter, Paul has cried out to God for the removal of a "thorn in the flesh". First of all, we are not sure what the thorn in the flesh was. It is believed with good credence to be a physical problem. We know from contemporary historians, such as Josephus, Paul had problems with his eyes. He even mentions it in Galatians Chapter 6, "see how large a letter I have writ en.....". Paul usually used a scribe to pen his letters. The "thorn" could have also been spiritual. It says that it was a "messenger of Satan to buffet me,..." None of that really matters as much as Gods reply to Paul, "My grace is sufficient for you,". In all things give Glory.

A couple of definitions for Glory used in the Bible that can help put this in perspective are:
Daxa-which is honor, praise and worship
Kauchaomai-Boast, glory, joy, and rejoice.

3 comments:

mat said...

You know DRL,I've missed your inspirational postings. It took me awhile to take this one in and digest it before I could respond. The only deity I pray to is my lord God in Heaven. Thanks for the inspiration and uplifting thoughts for the day.Don't stop.

Ric Larson said...

Way to go DRL. (Just a side note, I bought a Bible study guide, “Read the Bible in one Year”, or something like that? My gos is to do it in six months).

DRL said...

Thank you you two.
Ric, My suggestion is to get the Bible on tape or CD in the same translation of your Bible. Read along with the tape. It will make it much easier, and goes quicker. Try not to fall asleep in Leviticus!