Wednesday, April 22, 2009

TESLA

I would just like to back up a bit for those of us that appreciate the sciences and scientist, such as N. Tesla.

Those of you that are interested aught to google “Tesla, Edison’s Medicine”. Then click onto the ‘YouTube of Edison’s Medicine’. It’s Rock’n!

Just to give you a brief history of the lead singer of the rock group Tesla. The lead singer, AKA J.K. actually lived on Guam for about 7 years, did the bar scene gig with his band, and was a local truck driver on the rock. Later he moved to Sacramento at the same time I was living there back in the early 90’s. I ran into him several times with his wife at the local grocery store. He is a rocker, but is so frick’n smart. JK loves science. This is why he called his band ‘Tesla’.
This is some good Guam history here folk’s.

8 comments:

Ric Larson said...

Not to often you get a ‘Rocker’ with such a swell scientific background!

Sean said...

Tesla rules! I saw them in New York at the Studio 54 just before they closed the doors for good. I've got a few of their albums.

Read "Ghost Dancer" by John Case.

Ric Larson said...

That’s amazing Sean! We both got to see Tesla in person on different sides of the Coasts! (I actually only met the lead singer of Tesla in the grocery store a few times with his lovely wife, never did see them in concert like I wanted to). Tesla does rule! I only have their ‘psychedelic supper album’.
I will look up "Ghost Dancer" by John Case. Thanks brother!

Ric Larson said...

Sean, were you able to view “Edison’s Medicine” on YouTube?

Ric Larson said...

I really felt very fortunate to have met J.K. several times in a grocery store near where I live in Citrus Heights. We did some Guam small talk. At the children’s psychiatric center where I worked at, I worked with a part time Residents Counselor that was a full time Corrections Officer at one of the near by State Penitentiaries. Apparently the bass players brother of Tesla was incarcerated at this facility. My coworker knew his brother well, as an inmate. Got a lot of stories to tell Sean, but not here!

Sean said...

Looks like they're in your neck of the woods right now - why not take in a show?

Fri 4/24/2009 Clifton Park NY US
Sat 4/25/2009 Rochester NY US
Mon 4/27/2009 Poughkeepsie NY US
Tue 4/28/2009 New Haven CT US
Thu 4/30/2009 Verona NY US
Fri 5/1/2009 Montclair NJ US
Sat 5/2/2009 Atlantic City NJ US

Ric Larson said...

Dang it, I thought they were through, done, finished, extinct etc. Thanks Sean! Teresa and I have seasonal passes for Bethalwoods. Unfortunately they are not playing there! Bumber! My loss!

Ric Larson said...

Wait just one minute! Mon 4/27/2009Poughkeepsie NY US. Just north of me by 20 miles. Thanks! I'll see if Teresa and I can see them in concert!