Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Only Thing That Goes Up My Nose These Days


For any of you with sinus or allergy problems:
I have annoying allergies and every winter end up with at least one major sinus infection that has to be cleared up with antibiotics and steroids. This winter I’ve been using a neti pot and realized today that except for one cold, have stayed well for several months. My daughter calls it my nose watering can…using warm salt water you flush out your nasal passages with it (remember how easy it was to breath after spending the day in the ocean?) It’s an ancient Ayurvedic technique known as Jala neti, which literally means nasal cleansing in Sanskrit. It’s a little weird to use at first and sounds kind of gross but it really works.

9 comments:

Ric Larson said...

I suffer from both sinus and allergy problems. Big Benedryl fan hear! Will have to check this out!

Anonymous said...

Cindy, I have heard of this, living in Arizona, I need all the help I can get, can you email me the details so I can get myself one????

Cindy said...

Juls, I bought mine from a CVS drugstore, in the sinus headache section. The brand is SinuCleanse. You can also find them in any health food store or online. There are videos on www.youtube.com showing you how to use one. I'll email you one of videos.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Cindy, I will check my email for the link. Thanks!!

rac said...

I love the video where the guy first uses water, then coffee and then finally whiskey. I don't recommend the whiskey. Watch the video here

DRL said...

I cant get onto vidio's here at work (I have crashed the server 4 times on this blog, so I only post and read now), but I will when I get home. I have to take alergy shots now. This would be much better.

When I was in the Navy, we would smuggle stuff aboard ship. One time a buddy had some wine. There was not enough for everyone, so he snorted some. It knocked him out cold. I passed.

Cindy said...

Yeah RAC, that video made me laugh too, but I didn't send that one to Juls...lol

DRL said...

RAC, please warn me when any profane word is used.

Becki said...

Brought tears...I was laughing so hard. There's a nasal spray called "Ocean." It's nothing more than saline solution, same concept, less invasive. Highly recommended. Less likely to end up on You Tube.