Friday, July 10, 2009

InspectorGeneralGate Update: AmeriCorps stonewalls questions of White House involvement in IG firing

THIS is the new transparency in government?

A top official of the Corporation for National and Community Service, the government agency that oversees AmeriCorps, has refused to answer questions from congressional investigators about the White House's role in events surrounding the abrupt firing of inspector general Gerald Walpin.

Frank Trinity, general counsel for the Corporation, met with a bipartisan group of congressional investigators on Monday. When the investigators asked Trinity for details of the role the White House played in the firing, Trinity refused to answer, according to two aides with knowledge of the situation.

"He said that's a prerogative of the White House, so he didn't feel at liberty to disclose anything regarding White House communications," says one aide.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/AmeriCorps-stonewalls-questions-of-White-House-involvement-in-IG-firing-50354822.html

19 comments:

DRL said...

Remember Sean, This is the first President of the United States to fire a sitting CEO of a publicly owned company. What is to stop him from doing what he wants???

Sean said...

You and I, my brother, you and I.

Doug said...

Well good luck wit that.

mat said...

Dittos.

Pat said...

You and "your brother" can't do shit:)

DRL said...

Pat, you are right. Sean and I are just two people out of 300+million. I have no "power" to stop what Obama is doing. But I think that the democrat controlled government will be seen for what they are.
Until Obama takes away my right to free speech, I will continue to point out what I disagree with him.
I can understand your support for him on issues you believe in, but can you admit he has fallen short?

mat said...

Give it up brother.They're lost souls.They're still drunk on the punch.Wait.Peace bro.

DRL said...

Mat, I will never give up on a lost soul. I will pray for them till the end.

Pat said...

Hope you find one drl. Maybe look in your back yard.

DRL said...

Okay Pat, will do ;)
If I find one there, I will let you know.

Sean said...

no reaction from the left on this? you are quite satisfied that he promises an open administration with independent oversight and yet actually does something else entirely?

Joanna said...

We know why he did what he saw fit to do given the circumstances involved with this 1 man.

Sean said...

So, the president has power to do whatever "he sees fit"? How about the law (the law he co-sponsored, by the way) requiring 30 days notice to congress PRIOR to such a dismissal?

Sean said...

How about the promise of openness which seems to be an empty one?

DRL said...

Yea Sean, I see how the liberals/independents believe that Obama can do what he sees fit. That sounds again like the Germans of the 1930's. It is a sad commentary on our society.
Oh, and on 'transparency', he has transparency like a steel curtain. Hee heeeee

Sean said...

Hmm, maybe you mean the "iron curtain".

Doug said...

DRL,
so now you add Independents to your shit list. Given your apparent expertise on Nazism as it relates to the present I'm sure that you're aware that this was a common tactic of theirs. Marginalizing and isolating first one group. Then the next. Then another. Until finally, well you know. You are the authority after all.
Oh the irony.

DRL said...

Yes Sean, I had the correct thought, wrong term. I am not the brightest bulb on the marque.

DRL said...

Doug, I don't have a "shit list" (you could have used another word, knowing how I feel about profanity). I know and acknowledge there are separate groups who have titles. I was corrected by Joanna, that you are not liberal, but independent. I only wanted to use the correct term, that's all. I mean no degrading by it. We have varying views and ideology, I am a Republican, Conservative, Christian, etc.....