Sunday, March 16, 2008

An Alternative Universe

I've been fascinated by the cosmos ever since my first telescope on Guam and the trips to the planetarium at UOG. Through the years I've swallowed hook line and sinker everything mainstream cosmology has purported as fact concerning our Universe... that is until recently. It turns out that if you want to know how the Universe really works you have to ask an electrical engineer.

A while back I stumbled upon some works regarding the electric universe model and plasma cosmology. These simple theories began to emerged almost a hundred years ago but have been mostly ignored in the face of the gravitational/inertia model. The irony is that plasma cosmology can be replicated in the laboratory were as the gravitational/inertia model is almost purely theoretical. Gravitational theory has also required the invention of a number of hypothetical forces such as dark matter and dark energy to fill in holes that otherwise remain unanswered. Conversely, some of the evidence of an electric universe is visible to the naked eye.

So that’s my two cents. Sorry for the rant but I had to vent after watching a 2-hour special on the History channel about the Universe. It's frustrating to listen to a bunch of otherwise really smart people pull a bunch of crap out of thin air that makes no sense at all. Maybe it's just me but I tend to believe the most accurate solutions are generally the simplest ones.

If anyone is interested I’ve added a nice link regarding this topic here: PlasmaCosmology.net

12 comments:

Paul said...

If you want to see something cool, check out Google Sky. Its part of google earth now. There's a gazillion galaxy's out there.

Ric Larson said...

Hey RAC, if don't already get it, look at March's 2008 "Scientific America' "the end of Cosmololgy'" and March's 'Discover', "Before the Big Bag", 3 theories explore the backstory of creation. Both good reads.

Dave said...

In the beginning, God created
the heavens and the earth.

Cindy said...

......and to think that at one time all RAC had on his mind was sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll.

rac said...

I still think about those things, Cindy. That's the problem, all I get to do now is THINK about them. ;-)

I got Google Sky last time I upgraded Google Earth. Very cool. It even show's the moon in its current phase. Now I don't even have to go outside to howl at the moon.

Thanks for the tip, Ric. Looks like there's access to these articles on their web site too.

Ric Larson said...

Dave, I agree with you! God did create the heavens and the earth, and he did it in a very 'big bang'! Most astronomers that I speak with tell me that there research leads them to believe that there is a God! It's all about the math and science. This stuff just does not happen with out a supreme creator!

Doug said...

And I thought i was being "learned" by watching the HBO series on John Adams last night.

Joanna said...

RAC, your'e pondering many of the same theories that many humans do. There is so many mindsets that all people around the world have...I believe it really is up to the individual on their outlook. Some things bigger and out of our realm are there. That we know. How one choses to look at that choses a path in life. The ultimate question.Is there more than just space out there,or is it a bunch of wasted space?:)

juliet said...

"In the beginning there was a fart" The Spiegel

Ric Larson said...

Just upgraded Google Earth. Google Sky is the next best thing to looking through a telescope! It's far out man!

Joanna said...

Juliet, that's what I thought you'd say:)

pat said...

No doug, u was bein learned by us..dammmit u dint no that???