Sunday, March 30, 2008

Rufus and his Carabao

A neighbor who Rufus didn't like very much came over to his hut in Mangilao one day. The neighbor asked Rufus if he could borrow his carabao. Rufus not wanting to lend his carabao to the neighbor he didn't like told him, "I would love to loan you my carabao but only yesterday my brother came from Tamuning to use it to carry his mangos to the market in Hagåtña. The carabao sadly is not here."

The neighbor was disappointed. But he thanked Rufus and began to walk away.

Just as he got a few steps away, Rufus' carabao, which was behind his hut all the time, let out a trembling snort.

The neighbor turned to Rufus and said, "I thought you told me that your carabao was not here.

Rufus turned to the neighbor and said, "My friend, who are you going to believe? Me or the carabao?

7 comments:

Rod said...

Well, the Caraboa, of course...
Did you ever hear one LIE??

Joanna said...

I haven't heard one lie yet.

Ric Larson said...

Do Caraboa still roam wild in Guam?

DRL said...

Hey, how about the crying donkey in Tejuana? How I made it laugh? Then I made it cry again?

Chris said...

Are you guys feeling alright ?

DRL said...

Chris, Yes..oh..no..um..yes........

Joanna said...

Ric, they roam untouched for the most part down at Fena Lake area.They're patties are everywhere on that base.