Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Papaya Dance: Learn it before Vegas


Manila - Prisoners, supermarket workers, even the U.S. Ambassador: none are immune to the "Papaya" dance craze that is inspiring the Philippines to gyrate to its beat.

"It is a silly dance," said Edu Manzano, the TV game show host and former actor responsible for making the "Papaya" a nationwide hit by featuring it on his show.

"I call it silly because it does not take any degree of expertise," said Manzano, who is also the Philippines' anti-piracy czar. Complete story

6 comments:

Ric Larson said...

OK, yeah, I think I may be able to manage that...after about a gallon of beer! ;)

DRL said...

I could do that, well, not standing for long, I would end up on the floor. But I could keep doing .......what is he doing?

Joanna said...

The dance is different but, the man looks extremely happy.That's what mattered to me.BTW RAC my sister just e-mailed me, she had been spending time with her son in N.C. Maybe now she'll respond. She asked about Vegas. I'm going to tell her I'm going!!!

Becki said...

Pretty sure I've got the body for it and I love to dance...I'm game!

Doug said...

That guy needs to invest in a jock.

Rod said...

It would have to be the Tequila dance, if you want me to do it..Maybe at least 8 shots!
That guy needs a house keeper, and more aerobic classes..